COPYRIGHT NOTICE & ONLINE PRIVACY STATEMENT
Copyright @ Panasonic Malaysia. 2012 All rights reserved.
Panasonic Malaysia Sdn. Bhd.
This privacy statement informs you of our privacy practices and of the choices you can make about the way your information is collected online and how that information is used. This privacy statement is only applicable to this Club Panasonic Website (“Site”) owned and operated Panasonic Malaysia, its subsidiaries and/or affiliates (“Panasonic”).
1) Panasonic will collect your personal information including but not limited to your name, address, e-mail address, and/or telephone number which you provide, amend or update either online or otherwise when you register for Club Panasonic membership, register your product, sign up for product information and/or participate in direct marketing activities such as online promotion and lucky draws. By providing us with your personal information, you consent to any and all such access and/or transfers of your personal information and its use according to this privacy statement.
2) Panasonic will use your personal information for
2.1]communicate with you about products and services;
2.2]provide service and support;
2.3]update you on new services and benefits;
2.4]provide personalized promotional offers;
2.5]select content to be communicated to you;
2.6]measure performance of marketing initiatives, ads,
2.7]allow you to participate in contests and surveys; and
2.8]contact you regarding Panasonic products or services.
2.9] to monitor use of and improve the contents of this Site and
2.10] for direct marketing purposes.
Should you choose not to receive direct marketing materials, please select your decision accordingly in the Panasonic Club membership registration form.
3) Panasonic may provide your personal information you provide to other entities of the Panasonic Group, Panasonic’s suppliers and agents, or suppliers and agents of Panasonic’s affiliated within the purpose of use described in Sections 2(i), but it will not share or disclose your personal information to other third-parties without your permission unless (i) required to do so in compliance with any law, regulation, subpoena or court order; (ii) upon the request of a government, regulatory or law enforcement agency; (iii) for the investigation and help to prevent security threats, fraud or other malicious activity; (iv) to enforce/protect the rights and properties of Panasonic or its affiliates; or (v) to protect the rights or personal safety of Panasonic employees and third parties.
4) You may update your personal information. If you registered your details for membership registration online, please update your personal details by logging on to the website.
5) Panasonic will make reasonable efforts to maintain and improve security to ensure that personal information is managed safely.
6) While complying with applicable laws and regulations, Panasonic will make ongoing efforts to improve and upgrade measures taken to protect personal information.
7) If you are under the age of 18, you are requested to obtain the consent of your parent or guardian, before your personal information is submitted.
1) When you visit a website, small data files called “Cookies” are written to your hard disk. They are used, for example, to identify you when you revisit the website at a later time. The information contained in cookies is exchanged between the website you are reading and your Web browser program, but websites are not allowed to read information from cookies created by other websites or other data on your hard disk.
3. Link to non-Panasonic websites
1)This Site may provide links to third-party websites for your convenience and information. If you access those links, you will leave the Site for third-party websites which are not controlled by Panasonic and whose privacy practices may differ from Panasonic’s practices.
3) This Site may provide social media features that enable you to share Panasonic information with your social networks and to interact with Panasonic on various social media sites. Your use of these features may result in the collection or sharing of information about you, depending on the feature. Please review the privacy policies and settings on the social media sites with which you interact so as to ensure that you understand the information that could be shared by those sites.
4) Panasonic expressly disclaim to the maximum extent permissible at law any liability for the security or privacy practices included on or operated by the operators of third-party websites and social media sites.
4. Changes to Privacy Statement
1) If we change our privacy statement, we will post the revised statement here, with an updated revision date.
2) Any significant changes to our privacy statement may be notified by other means, such as sending an email or posting a notice on our home page.
5. Contacting us
1) If you have comments or questions about this privacy statement, please send them to:
2) Please be advised that any form of communication sent to this site, be it ideas, suggestions or any other e-mail, will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary.
Panasonic Malaysia Sdn Bhd (26975-W) (“Panasonic”) respects and is committed to the protection of your personal information and your privacy. This Personal Data Protection Notice explains how we collect and handle your personal information in accordance with the Malaysian Personal Data Protection Act 2010. Please note that Panasonic may amend this Personal Data Protection Notice at any time without prior notice and will update any such amendment via our website.
(1) Personal information
1.1 Type of personal information
Personal information means any information which relates to you and which was collected or provided to Panasonic for the purposes stated in Section 2 below.
In order for us to fulfill one or more of our obligations listed in Section 2 herein, we will need to collect relevant personal information from you. The personal information collected, recorded, held, stored, used, disclosed and / or processed (collectively referred to as “Process”) by us may include (but is not limited to) the following:
1.2 Source of personal information
Your personal information will be obtained from the following sources, where applicable, or such other sources which we may see fit from time to time and/or we may collect personal information directly from you when you:
We may also obtain your personal information from third-parties we deal with or who are connected with you and from such other sources where you have given your consent for the disclosure of information relating to you, and/or where otherwise lawfully permitted. As the accuracy of your personal information depends largely on the information you provide to us, kindly inform us as soon as practicable if there are any errors in your personal information or if there have been any changes to your personal information.
1.3 Obligatory personal information and failure to supply
All information requested for in the relevant forms is obligatory to be provided by you unless stated otherwise.
The failure to supply such personal information as may be needed may:
(2) Purposes of collecting and processing personal information
Personal information you provide will be processed by us for, amongst others, the following purposes as applicable:
(3) Storage and retention of personal information
Your personal information shall be stored either in hard copies in our office within the group or stored electronically in servers. Any personal information supplied by you will be retained by our organization as long as necessary for the fulfillment of the purposes stated in (2) above or as required to satisfy legal regulatory, commercial or accounting requirements and at all times subject to prevailing legal requirements.
(4) Disclosure of personal information
4.1 Entities within Panasonic
Your personal information provided to us is processed by entities (in or outside of Malaysia) within Panasonic (including related companies, subsidiaries, holding companies, associated companies and outsourcing partners). Panasonic will ensure that:
4.2 Classes of third parties
Your personal information may be disclosed to relevant third parties (in or outside of Malaysia) as required under law, pursuant to relevant contractual relationship (for example, where we appoint third party service providers)or for the purposes stated in Section 2 above (or directly related to those purposes).
In the event of a potential, proposed or actual sale of business, disposal, acquisition, merger or re-organization (“Transaction”), your personal information may be required to be disclosed or transferred to a third party as a result of the Transaction. You hereby acknowledge that such disclosure and transfer may occur and permit Panasonic to release your personal information to the other party and its advisers/representatives.
5.1 Links to other sites
Links to other sites is provided for your convenience and information. These sites may have their own privacy statement in place, which we recommend you review if you visit any linked websites. We are not responsible for the content on the linked sites or any use of the site.
5.2 Location enabled products or applications
Location enabled products or applications transmit your location information to us. We do not use the information sent or provided other than to provide the service you request. Location enable features are opt-in and you have control over your participation and can turn these services off at any time or uninstall them.
Some mobile applications will utilize Google Analytics (or similar tool) to help us better serve you through improved products, services, and revisions to the mobile applications. This collected information will not identify you to us. It may, however, let us know anonymously, which services and features you are using the most within the application, as well as device type and hardware features, country and language of download.
Some web pages may require you to provide a limited amount of personal information in order to enjoy certain services on our websites (system login credentials, email address and contact, etc). These personal information will only be used for its intended purposes only, i.e. to respond to your message or deliver the requested services.
(6) Right to access and correct personal information
6.1 You have the right and shall be given access to your personal information held by us and correct the personal information where in personal information is inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or not up-to-date. In this respect, you may in writing:-
6.2 Accuracy of personal information
You are responsible for informing us about any changes to your personal information to enable us to keep your data accurate and current.
(7) Limiting the processing of personal information, further enquiries and contact point:
If you would like to obtain further information on how to limit the processing of your personal information, you may contact:-
|Name||: Ms. Santhamary Balakrishnan|
|Designation||: Personal Information Representative|
|Email Address||: email@example.com|
|Correspondence Address||: Panasonic Malaysia Sdn Bhd
Lot 10, Jalan 13/2, 46200 Petaling Jaya
Selangor Darul Ehsan
Or to read our latest up-to-date PDPA policy, please visit: www.panasonic.com.my
In the event of any conflict between this English language Personal Data Protection Notice and its corresponding Bahasa Malaysia Personal Data Protection Notice, the terms in this English language Notice shall prevail.